Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Meant to Be (Part Nine - A)

This post is dedicated to my uNcle "I love you"!
and ofcourse to my lovely followers and readers :)
Sorry adry waaaayed 6awalt :S but I'm seriously busy!
_________________________________





----- M7ammad

The door opened and we started walking towards the end of the ballroom, where the bride is. I fixed my eyesight on my sister and smiled when she signaled me to. She looked at me with pleading eyes. I knew what she wanted, so I looked away. She wants me to treat her like every other bride on her wedding day. But how can I?

We reached there and I stood beside her, noticing that she was short. Great, I thought to myself.
We took countless pictures, and my cousins and friends started congratulating me and leaving slowly. After a little while, all my brothers posed for a picture, and then they excused themselves, too. Lastly, I stood there with my father and uncle alone. My sister came to me and told me to remove the shawl covering her head and shoulders, and then kiss her head. I frowned, disapproving.

"Tara ana akbar minha ib 11 years" I told my sister.

"M7ammad! Just do it!" Said Dalal in her bossy voice.

"Loo a7ad thany galy chan ma saweetha" I told her as I slightly pulled her hair.

She gave me her death-stare, and left to stand next to the rest of my sisters.

I stood in front of her and took a deep breath as I started to remove the shawl. I couldn't see her face properly when she was covered, so I decided to take a quick peek at my future wife. She was staring at the floor for some reason, so again, I couldn't see her face properly; all I saw was the tip of her nose. Disappointed, I kissed her head and went back to my place.

My father and uncle took some pictures with us, then my mom and sisters came, in addition to her mom and sisters. After my father and uncle left, the photo-shoot continued; my sisters, nieces, and cousins, came to congratulate us, and took some pictures with us. Then my sister told me that it we have to take pictures alone. I was very irritated because I still don't know how she looks. I gave my sister a cold stare, and continued flashing my fake smile at the camera.

"You have to hold hands!" Shouted the photographer, with irritation clear in her voice. I smiled but ignored her.

Then my sister came and gave me a quick speech, which convinced me to hold her hands. No need to mention it because the profanity exceeds the normal limit in that little speech.

I reached out for her hand, but she didn't move. I didn’t look at her face; instead I gave my sister an angry look. So in return, my sister gave her one of her famous speeches too. However, I would like to assume that she didn’t use as much profane words.

She slowly placed her hands in mine. Her hands were small, and they were cold. She started shaking, and I assumed it was because she was cold. Involuntarily, I started rubbing her hands, but I stopped as soon as I felt her body stiffen.

I glanced towards her direction, hoping to clearly put a face to my wife. She was looking the other direction, so I squeezed her hands to get her attention, and it worked. She looked at me, with her big-doe eyes filled with questions.

She wasn't flawless, but her features appealed to me in many ways. I stared at her shamelessly, with a smirk on my face. After all, I did appreciate the fact that my future wife wasn't ugly. We took many pictures, I would randomly glance in her direction every once in a while, but she always kept her eyes fixed somewhere else.

After a little while, they brought the rings so that we can exchange them. I held the ring, and stared at her hands. I was admiring how delicate they are, while thinking: just where the hell am I supposed to put the ring? I didn't know which finger I should put it on, so I called my sister for assistance. She showed me, after cursing me of course; apparently I was stupid for not knowing these things.

Then it was her turn to put on my ring. She did it with trembling hands, and quickly placed her hands in her laps again. I chuckled slightly at how nervous she was, and continued to take in her features. After that, my sister, Dalal, brought the chocolate fondue that she worked on. It looked simply mouth-watering, which made me happy instantly.




Dalal dipped the strawberry in the chocolate and gave it to me. I automatically put it in my mouth and gave her a thumbs-up. She looked at me with a horrified expression.

"M7ammad!! Lazem twakel murtik awal!" She told me with while trying to hold in her laugh.

"Asif.. ma agdar.. aham shay 3ndy ba6ny w ba3dain ba6ny w ba3dain.. ba6ny" I told her while eyeing the fondue.

She dipped another strawberry in the delicious chocolate and then handed it to me with a glare. I knew that I wouldn't get away with it this time, so I ignored my growling stomach and turned to feed her. She looked really anxious, so I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Latheeeeeeth" I told her while licking my lips. She looked at me, surprised from my sudden mood change maybe. I brought the strawberry closer to her mouth, as she took a small bite. "Bas!!" I exclaimed. "Kaifich … ana ra7 akamla" I told her as I finished the rest of the strawberry, which earned me another glare from my sister.

My sister dipped yet another strawberry in the chocolate, but this time she handed it to her. So she tried to feed me the strawberry, but the sauce was dripping and it reached her fingertip. Therefore, I decided to make everyone's life easier and licked the sauce, starting from her fingertip to the strawberry. I finished off with a smile, and to my surprise all my cousins were cheering for me. I looked at her, but she was too busy blushing, so I ate the rest of the strawberry from her hand without complaining.

After the strawberry, came a big heart-shaped pineapple. She dipped both ends with chocolate, and ordered us to hold it together. Of course, no one can say no to the Nazi so we held it, and leaned in to from it. We were very close to each other, and I sensed that she wasn't comfortable, which made me stay there a bit longer. I stared at her with a grin, which caused her to turn her head and flush. I laughed and tried to convince my sister to give me a spoonful of the delicious chocolate syrup, but with no luck.

We stayed for a little longer than we are supposed to, then we started getting up to leave. The cake was in the middle waiting for us, and I was in a hurry to get to it, but she was very slow due to her humongous dress. I waited for her patiently, and we got there finally.

She held the knife, and I put my hands over hers, as she cut the cake. The rest was pretty typical; I fed her, she fed me, then I ate the rest of the piece alone. We found our way outside the ballroom, except this time I wasn't rushing. We went to our room, and to my horror the photographer came with us. She was also accompanied by Dalal, so unfortunately we had to do everything that she wanted. After about 30 minutes of photos, arguing, and posing, they both left; leaving me alone with me "wife".

_____________________________

I'll post Shai5a's perspective on the wedding soon inshallah!
Hope you liked it!

9 comments:

Glowing Aura said...

Awww he was sweet ! i think he will adjust to her easily and before he knows it he would be calling out her name f2a7lama :P

AND he is naughty, awenna yl7as el syrup that dripping on her finger..mub hayen !

allah y3eenha 3alai :P

bas a7shum sweet couple even though they dont know each other...
love your story walla waaaaayed !

Rawan said...

waaay shaikha kasra 5a6ry i hope things work out bainhom oo the post was great

Touch My Soul said...

Glowing Aura: I know he's naughty.. but charming! a7iba :P

Rawan: I know,, Inshallah :p

Charmbracelet said...

Please please lat6awleen ib the next post!!
sorry for bieng mashfoo7a=P

Bs I liked this post !!! 3jeeb
-N~

Halaa;* said...

ayyaaa 3alaaihom a7ibhuuuum !! & hhmm there left alone? awkwaaarrrdd;p

shopaholic said...

7bait m7ammad l2ena naughty oo y'9a7ek chena awal mara yshoof fondue loool oo ehya 7dha tshawig bes shakla ra7 eyaninha awal shay

love ur story oo plzzzzzzzzzzzzz lat6awleeeeeen :(

#1 Anony said...

Hala Walla!!!! XD

Waaay akthar wa7da astanis 3alaiha Dalool!!!! 5ifat 6eena ya rabbi!! Ityanin!! XD

Oo ee walla 6ila3 mo hayen hatha illi kasir 5aaa6irna... ba3ad galbi shayoo5 fashalha!! ;D

POST POST POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you!!! :***

Your #1 Anony!! XD

Cashmere said...

Il2akh raheee! Makhith ilwa'63 ibbirood, twa83ta ikoon more stubborn, but I LOVED the post! :D

Anonymous said...

This is a topic that is close to my heart.
.. Best wishes! Exactly where are your contact details though?


Stop by my web blog - let me watch this