Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Meant to Be (Part five)

My dedications go to .......
anyone who reads this :)
____________________________




----- M7ammad

I stayed in bed for a while, before deciding to take a shower to calm my nerves. After I got dressed my sister Dalal knocked my door, with Fahad and Mariam following her. My sisters kept on going about how she was "gorgeous" and stylish and amazing, while my brother complained about how single life sucks. In brief, I listened while they tried to convince me that marrying that girl is a good idea, and I told them that I am willing to try and work this out.

"9ij!!" Screamed Dalool enthusiastically

"Bas don't expect me to love her or just get along like all married couples do" I said.

"9adigny you will love her" Said Dalool with confidence. For a moment, I did believe her because she understands me the most from between my siblings. However, I snapped back to reality quickly when I remembered that I was 11 years older than her.

"I don’t think so" I said and they left so I can get ready for the night.


------Shai5a

I woke up around 10 this morning and went to the kitchen. I baked my famous chocolate cake and topped it with ice-cream, and prepared my favorite salad. Then my mom asked me to make a cheese cake, so I did and I decorated it with strawberries. Cooking is one of my hobbies, and I tend to forget myself when I'm cooking. Basically, by the time I finished, I was very happy and almost forgot why I was cooking in the first place.

But I'm thinking that happiness is a crime when it comes to me these days, because my mom reminded me of the engagement and asked me to get ready to go to the 9aloon. I refused, saying that it was just a waste of time and money and I can get ready alone.

I went to take a shower, and then wore the outfit that my mother chose. It was creamy-pink, knee-length dress. It had a big flower near the neck and it flowed, highlighting my slim figure. I decided to go with light, smoky grey make-up and pink lip gloss. Then my cousin came in to help me with my hair-do. She blow-dried it and styled it in a bizarre but elegant way. We finished at about eight, and we prayed together, before we started a movie waiting for my mom to call me down.

I wasn't really paying attention to the movie. Instead I was wondering how I'm going to spend the rest of my life with a guy I know nothing about. Well, aside from the fact the he is a doctor, he's my cousin, and his name is M7ammad.


----- M7ammad

The ride there was quiet, except for my brothers' lame jokes that they thought will lighten the mood. I was in my own world when my father decided to talk to me.

"Mita tabee il milcha w il 3irs M7ammad" He asked cooly.

"Ma a3ti8id rayee muhem…" I said after a while.
"3ayal il milcha il isboo3 ilyay… w il3irs 3ugub shahar" He replied with a hint of anger in his voice. I said nothing. I was too shocked to say anything.

When we arrived, we were welcomed by my uncle and my cousins. The evening went by smoothly, with my dad and uncle arranging everything with me just listening and answering questions directed to me briefly. But one of the questions shocked me for some reason.

"M7ammad … mita tabee tshoof Shai5a" He asked.

"Shno?" I asked him.

"Tabeeha tanzel il7een wala ba3dain?" He asked again.

"Laish tanzel?" I asked shocked.

"3ashan tshoofha yuba" He said with a chuckle.

"Mala da3ee 3amy" I replied quickly.

"3ala ra7tik" He said surprised by my reaction.

I noticed the food in front of me and saw the chocolate cake. I took a bite, and to say it is delicious is an understatement. I savored every single bite, since my relationship with food is a very strong one.

"3asa 3ijabik il cake" Asked my uncle.

"Latheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet" I said with a wide smile.

"Bil 3afya" He laughed. "Tadry mno msawy 3ad?" He asked me.

"Mno…" I said while I took another bite.

"Murtik…" He said with a smile.

"Murty?!" I asked surprised.

"Ee Shai5a binty… ily ihya ra7 t9eer murtik inshallah" He said as everyone laughed at my reaction.

"Aha..." Was all I managed to say. Maybe there is hope after all my stomach said happily as I took yet another bite from the mouth-watering cake.

We returned home after all the arrangements were made, and we had dinner. I went to my room after my mother lectured me on how rude it was from me to refuse to see the girl and how it was my loss.

"Yuma.. intay umy wala umha?" I asked her and went to bed, and somehow I managed to sleep almost directly.


----- Shai5a

I dozed off because I was exhausted in the middle of the movie, but my mother came and woke me up with a sad smile.

"Yalla roo7ay namay 3ala frashich yuma" She said.

"Yuma wain Reem (my cousin)" I asked her.

"Raddat il bait yuma" She replied.

"W mita lazem anzel" I asked her.

"5ala9 ra7aw … moo lazem tanzileen" She replied sadly.

"Laish?" I asked surprised. "Moo lazem atzawaj?" I asked with hope.


"La2… il milcha il isboo3 ilyay… bas uhwa ma 6ilab yshoofich" She told me and left quickly.

I'm getting married to a man who doesn't even want to see me, I thought to myself. I went to sleep without crying because I knew that I will need my tears for later on.

__________________________

Hope you liked it :p

I tried to lengthen the post as much as I can :)

10 comments:

Jay said...

I loved it!! Bs 7mar m7ammed laish mayabi yishoofha!! Kalb wa7ed!!
Post soon;*
=D

Dreamer;* said...

i can see that m7ammad is progressing ma3a the marriage idea.. bs shaikha kelesh:s
i love this;*
waiting for the next 3ala naar =P

Rawan said...

laish sawa chithee walla 7aram kisarat 5a6ry

#1 Anony said...

Waaaay!!!! Hatha 7amado wa7ed sa5eef oo e8ith... bss ma yinlam ya shushu ma3a il AGE DIFFERENCE!!!! ;D Intay fahmatni.. Bss haman law.. ya3ni 7aram il bint tisani3at oo timakiyajat ..;D.. oo a5ir shay .."Oo laish ashoofha?!" Ma yisti7i?! La2 oo egoolha 7ag obooha!!

il mohim .. mabrook! Minna il mal oo minha il 3yaal.. oo ma wa9eech bi6ayi8 il 3irs lazem to9al gabl two weeks 3ashan I prepare myself.. ;D

bss seriously, wayed 7lw mashalla! XD

Your #1 Anony!!

Allure said...

I luvd every bit of it :D 9idg 3ajeeba el story .. bs M7amad is a bit rude dnt u think y3nee he should of the girls situation mob bas ohw el ma'39oob ... Cant wait 4 more luv :**

Dazzlin said...

OMG 7araaam she got all dressed up o chee o a5r shay he didnt ask to see her.. she broke my heart walla.. uhh next week he'll c her in the milcha..

Loving your story 7beebty o mashalla ur writing skills r amazing mashalla mashalla o cant wait 4 the coming posts..

Halaa;* said...

aaaaaaaaa5 !! at lassstt i can comment wallah ive been dying to comment bss i duno why only ur blog isnt letting meee :p! so sorry about that any was i really and not sure about the picture bss i guess the meaning may be deep? and m7ammed was rude shway bssthe truth is if i was inhis position id want the same thing lakin ma batejara2 ina i say it TO HER FATHER! oomiskeen shayoo5 ( yes im nicknaming her ) lovee youu ;**

Red said...

7ada maskeena shaikha o m7mmad ba6 chabdee thx for the post it was great ;p

Touch My Soul said...

Jay: 7mar marra wa7da :p.. 7aram

Dreamer: Thnx :)

Rawan: I know maskeena :(

#1 Anony: You will change your mind about the age thing.. I promise you :p

Allure: Thnx :) Ee adry bas think of the situation he's in

Dazzlin: I know maskeena :S..
Thnx a lot :)

Halaa:*: I know .. a frined told me that she couldn't comment too.. Welcome back .. I missed ur comments :)

Red: Thnx :)

**Thank you everyone for commenting XD

Anonymous said...

Maskeen m7ammad min9idm min obooh! Oo shaiyoo5 7adha in denial... Btw can i have the recipe for shai5a's chocolate cake ;p