Saturday, July 25, 2009

Meant to Be (Prologue)



In his eyes she was a young child. In her eyes he was just a relative. However, neither one of them imagined just how much their fates will be tied together.


----- M7ammad

I stared aimlessly around as I waited for the plane to land. After spending almost 8 years of my life outside Kuwait, I'm returning to my home country. Bitter emotions started to build up in me as I remembered the reason behind my escape. It all started the first day of Medical school. It wasn't really my dream to be a doctor, but I did it because it was my father's dream and wish. I followed his orders and reluctantly applied there and I was surprisingly accepted even though my GPA wasn't very high when compared to other students there. Don't get me wrong, I do think I'm a genius, but at that time I didn't care that much about studying.

The first day of college was not as disappointing as I imagined it to be; there I met her. She was everything I didn't understand about a girl, but she managed to draw me to her. I fell in love with her, and for three years she was everything to me. I loved her until that day, where her father decided to shatter our dreams. She was forced to marry a family friend so that business affairs can flourish. I remember that day like it was yesterday because it was when I really grew up. I saw the world with different eyes and gave up all my boyish dreams.

Then, I decided to complete my studies outside of the borders of Kuwait. After transferring my papers, I finished med school in Ireland, and continued to specialize as a nephrologist (kidney doctor) in California. Even though I'm not in love with her anymore, she still holds a special place in my heart because she was my first love after all.

The pilot's voice interrupted my thoughts as he told us to prepare for landing. At last I thought: a new start in Kuwait.



------ Shaikha

After a long, strenuous year, I finally finished high school. Everyone says that these are the best years of our lives, but I thought that college years will hopefully be better. I wanted to apply to medical school but was surprised by my dad's attitude towards the idea. He refused to let me study medicine, without any apparent reason. With that, all my dreams went down the toilet, and I was crushed because my whole plans for the future were destroyed. I fought for my dream, but in the end he was my father and he won. I applied for English Studies, hoping that at least I will be able to express myself freely there.

7 comments:

Halaa;* said...

im loving the beginingg !! and wayid 3ijbagtny the pic oo "tied together" cus the end of the heart shway tied mary thats just how i saw it ymkin malah da5al at allll :P anywaayy cant wait for moree ;**

Dazzlin said...

Mashalla daahling I'm hooked o i seriously cant wait 4 the rest of this story.. I'm loving it..

Sparkle said...

amaaazing mashaAllah!! channah movie ;)
gonna read the next part of course :)

Dreamer;* said...

omg i'm totally hooked and i can't wait for the next post;*

Touch My Soul said...

Hello!!

- Halaa;*.. Thnx!! and yes you're right about the picture!! I'll post soon inshallah!

- Dazzlin:.. Thnx hun!! Inshallah soon :)

- Sparkle:.. Thnx :) You're amazing ..

- Dreamer:.. I'm glad :) w inshallah soon.. thnx 4 commenting!

Red said...

abay i liked the story alot o i think this is a begginig of something great ;D

Naduuuuh said...

hahaa thats kinda weird 1 who wants to be a doc but her dad doesnt want and one the exact opposite OPPOSITES DO ATTRACT but maybe their not opposites but they do have opposite situation & I AM BABBLING AGAIN now i'll continue reading ^^