Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Meant to Be (Part Two)

This post is dedicated to my BF and to all my lovely readers.

______________________________________



----- M7ammad

I woke up pretty late this morning, and for the first time in a long while I felt really happy. I jumped into the shower, opened the hot water, and scrubbed my body in preparation for the 3azeema after a couple of hours. I felt refreshed; there is nothing better than a hot-water shower in the morning. After I wore my dishdasha, I went to sit with my family before the people came.

I saw my mom and dad arguing about something, and my mom seemed really upset.

"9aba7 il 5air," I said trying to lighten the mood.

"9aba7 il noor" they replied as I kissed both their heads.

"Ig3ad yuba aby akalmik b maw'6oo3" said my father in a serious tone.

"3abdilra7man … il walad tawwa rad… 5alla yirta7!" interrupted my mother quickly.

"IG3AD!" Said my father loudly as her glared at my mother. My father is a stubborn man, and things always go his way. So, I sat while my mother quickly left the room.

"Cham 3umrik yuba?"

"Walla a5er marra shift kan 3umry 17… w bas waggaft a3id" I chuckled.

"Hahaha… la 9ij" he asked.

"29 yuba .. laish?" I aksed curiously.

"Ya3ny inta il7een kubart w 3igalt… w b3umrik kil 5wanik kanaw mitzawjeen." He answered.

"Bas ana ma afaker bl zawaj il7een yuba!" I replied automatically.

"Shno ya3ny ma tfaker bl zawaj?!" He asked angrily. "Shoof M7ammad… Ana aby azawjik bnt 3ammik… w ana ma36y il rayal kilma, w ana ma arid b kilmity!" He said in cold way.

"Shno ya3ny 3a6eet il rayal kilma?? Bidoon ma ta5ith rayee!!! Shno ana yahel hny!?! Yuba isma7lee ana moo mwafi8!" I tried my best to control my flaring temper.

"Ya3ny t3anidny??!!" He screamed furiously.

"Yuba shno a3andik??!! It's my life!! Yan3y its my right to choose the person I want to spend the rest of my life with" I said, not realizing that I switched to talking in English because I was very mad.

"Hathy a5er kalam 3indy! Ra7 titzawajha wala inta moo wildy wala ana a3arfek!" He screamed and left me alone.

I sat there for a while trying to take in what he just said. I couldn't understand why he insisted on me marrying this girl. True she's my cousin, but I don’t even know her. Besides, all my brothers and sisters married people that they chose. My mom came in after a while with a sad face.

"M7ammad… la t3anid ubook yuma" She said with teary eyes.

"Yuma please… hathy 7ayaty ana … w il mafroo'6 ma77ad yitda5al feeha" I told her.

"Ee bas inta 3a6 il bnaya fur9a… walla ina she's a gem… w ma ra7 t7a9il a7san minha" She tried to convince me.

"Yuma fihmeeny… ana ma a3arifha wala a3arf shakilha wala ismha wala shay … shlon taboony atzawajha!!" I asked with furious eyes. 7aseet ina umy 5afat miny which made me chuckle. "Yuma 7abeebty.. 7awlay tifhimeeny" I said in a softer tone.

"Shlon ma t3arifha yuma? Bnt 3ammik … Shaikha… Mashallah 3aleeha 7ilwa w…" She continued as I tried remembering her. I only know one cousin named Shaika, but she's a kid, I think.

"Yuma.. Shaikha bnt 3amy 3azeez?" I asked.

"Ee yuma .. inta ma 3ndik '3air 3am wa7ed shfeek?" She said, thrilled to have some sort of feedback from me.

"Ana 3abaly hathy yahel… cham 3umrha?" I asked surprised. Her face turned red and she looked away.

"18" She said quickly. "But she's very mature mashallah" She added before I could say anything, and she practically ran to her room. "Il7een ilnas iyoon… goom ilbis m7ammad" She said before locking her room.

She dropped the second bomb today and left me alone. Not only did they want to force me to get married, but they chose a child. I know that I will end up marrying her because my father's word is always the final one in this house. I also have a feeling that I will spend the rest of my life miserably. My father did decide many things for me; however, I definitely didn't see this coming. I went to my room to get dressed, and went down just as the guests started to arrive.


----- Shai5a

I woke up really early that morning because I couldn’t sleep anymore, as usual, and to my surprise my mother was also up.

"Shfeech mama?" I asked her, while yawning.

"Mafeeny shay yuma… gi3day tirayigay wiyay" she said.

"Malee nafs yuma" I replied sadly. She knew that I will eat eventually, so she stood and asked me to follow her.

"Shoofay mama...." she said and she showed me several new dresses. "I5taray wa7ed talbiseena 7ag il3azeema ilyoom" She told me.

"Bas laish mama.. ana 3ndy wa7ed…" I told her, without even examining the dresses.

"La2 mama.. lazem ykoon shaklich 7ilo.. w sawway sha3rich.. w 7i6ay make-up.. la2ana il 3azeema formal" She told me.

"Mama… who cares? Tadreen ina malee 5ulg" I said without interest.

"5ala9 Shayoo5a… libsay hatha... shrayich?" She asked me as she held out a black dress, with ruffles at the bottom and a belt attached to it. "W yloog with your cardigan.. okay?" She asked again.

"Ee okay" I nodded and left to take a shower.

After I finished I dried my long brownish-reddish hair and curled it, as my mother suggested. I outlined my eyes with black eyeliner, applied some mascara to my thick eyelashes, and unwillingly put some red lipstick on. I finished with adding some blusher to my face, and some perfume to end with.

Looking at my face I knew something was missing, something that only my father can return, my smile. I wore my red jacket and headed down when I heard my father asking everyone to get into the car. We got there in the matter of five minutes because my uncle's house was close to our house. Sighing, I entered with the rest of my family.

___________________________________

Hope you enjoyed :)

4 comments:

identity said...

OMG she will marry him!!
is this a true story?!
loving it!!;p
next post please:*;p

Halaa;* said...

miskeenaa :( uhwa ba3ad miskeen bss a7is be7iboon ba3th eventuallllyy.....:p

Glowing Aura said...

oooh am enjoying this alright !! wayed 7lwa el8e9a ...ok i cant wait no more i'll hit the next part :P bas i likes this post i think its the start and the end of everything...

Anonymous said...

I am a new reader ! :D Waay el obow shaklaaa 3a9abi ma a7b chthy :P


Fara7 AL x