Thursday, November 26, 2009

Meant to Be (Part fourteen)

Hello :)
I hope everyone did well in their exams!
W sorry for the late post :P
3eedkum Mbarak Mu8adaman :)
This post is dedicated to Um 3abdallah.. "fee the word you can't pronounce :P"
w Fa6oom.. "I miss youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!"
w to all my friends and lovely readers :)
______________________________





----- M7ammad


I don't know why the lady's comment bothered me. Maybe because I didn't want to hear the bitter truth from another person. If only she knew that we were forced into this marriage, what would she say then?


I wanted to go to our mazra3a; I missed the place. I missed the serenity and peace there. However, I knew that I would never make it back in time if I went there.


I went to my parents' house and entered from the back door because I didn't feel like talking to anybody. I went to my room and watched TV for about an hour or two. They had "The Doctors" on and I listened to their debate about vaccines for a while, before dozing off.


I woke up startled as I looked at my watch. Sh*t, I thought to myself; I was late! I don't think I will have time to pick her up, and get to the 3azeema in time.


I ran downstairs but stopped when I heard the laughs of women; again I cursed myself for being late. I tried calling my sisters but they didn't answer. But then Mariam, my youngest sister, came with a tray in her hand. She looked mad when she saw me and motioned for me to wait until she comes.


"M7amad min 9ijik!!" She said angrily when she came back.


"Shno?!" I asked surprised.


"Laish ma ri7t 5atheet murtek? Inta tadry ina i5itha ihya ily yabatha? ya3ny lazem tfashilna min awal shay? Don't you know that you have to enter together?" She said quickly, literally fuming.


"Inzain bas 5ala9!" I told her annoyed.


"W ba3ad moo mbadel!" She screamed.


"5ala9 gilna!" I told her. "Il7een abadel w anzel!"


I went upstairs quickly, changed, and hurried downstairs. I found Dalal and Mariam waiting for me, both looked annoyed. I rolled my eyes, because I knew that they will not let this pass by. Dalal told the women that I was going to come in, so they can cover up if they needed to.


I entered and the room was packed with women wearing all sorts of color but all of them had the same eager, curious expression. I greeted all my relatives, and kissed my mom's head and I can see that she wasn't very happy.


Beside my mother, my 'wife' was sitting. She didn't even bother to glance me way. But I knew that if I ignored her my sisters will kill me, and my mother would probably be very mad.


My mom is a really sweet person; she always made sure that my brothers treated their wives with respect and love, since she sort of didn't have that kind of relationship with my father. He was almost always a cold person, and he only cared about his opinion. Therefore, my mother didn't want anyone to go through what she went through. Even though she does love my dad, their relationship just lacks equality. My father always had the upper hand, and even I didn't want to be like him in that way.


I sat beside her and smiled as I took her hand in mine.


Just seconds later, my niece, Sara, came with her camera and started taking pictures excitedly. I laughed at how serious she was, made some funny faces to get her annoyed, and then hugged Shai5a closer to me for a good picture.



----- Shai5a


After he dropped me off, I went in to find my sister and mother waiting for me. They hugged me, and I cried, which made my mother cry, and my sister follow her.


Then I went to get ready for the 3azeema. I found my bag ready for the honeymoon which I was dreading. So, I basically sat, waiting for M7ammad to come.


My sister and mom finished getting ready for the 3azeema also, and M7ammad still hasn't shown up.


"Diggay 3alee" My mother told me, while adjusting her brooch.


"No way" I replied.


" Shai5a bala dala3.. he's your husband.. ya3ny you shouldn't have any formalities between you..

il mafroo'6 ma tisti7een minna" Said my sister.


"In case you didn't notice, this is not a typical marriage. Besides I don't even have his number" I said coolly.


My mother and sister exchanged looks, and they decided to take me with them to the 3azeema even thought I should really enter with my husband.


We went there and the place was packed with women, half of them were family, and the other half, I didn't even recognize, but had to greet anyways.


When I came in, I noticed some of my cousins' faces change.


"Shai5a .. wain M7ammad?" asked me all of my sisters-in-law; and to all of them I replied saying that I had no idea really.


My mother-in-law who is an exceptionally sweet woman, hugged me and told me that

M7ammad will change once he really knows me. She seemed embarrassed that he didn't come and get me; I kissed her head and assured her that everything is alright and that he probably forgot about the whole thing.


I sat for a while, chatting with some of my cousins, and trying to find a way to stop some of the women from staring at me.


I wasn't nervous until Dalal, my cousin and my sister-in-law, announced that M7amad was going to come in. I stared at my lap, as my cousin told me what he was doing. She kept saying who he was greeting and what he was saying, as if I really wanted to know. I felt him beside me, and I knew that he was greeting his mother.


I tried focusing on one of my younger cousins sitting across the room, so he wouldn't come next to me. However, to my surprise, my cousin who was sitting beside me disappeared suddenly, and he sat in her place. He held my hand in his, and my heart started malfunctioning as soon as he did so.


I looked the other way, and after a couple of seconds, Sara, M7amad's nephew, and a really sweet girl, came hurriedly, and started taking pictures.


I laughed at her expressions, and then at M7amad's silly faces. Sometimes, when I see him with his family, and I see the love in his eyes for them, I thank god that he is my husband. Maybe, just maybe, he isn't so bad.


Just as that thought crossed my mind, he hugged me closer to him. A myriad of different emotions went through me as my body was glued to his, and a million envious eyes watched us. If you only knew, I thought to myself, as enjoyed some of the rare moments in which he really acts like my husband.

_____________________________



Hope you enjoyed !! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanx 4 the post...m7md's sooo cute when he wants to be lool :P
3eeeedch mbarak ;**

-Roman6i8-

Anonymous said...

Oh yaaay FIRST !!! :P

-Roman6i8_

Anonymous said...

i luv those 2

how about u add a big romance in there shushu as a 3eediya 4 us;)

thanxx 4 the post

Touch My Soul said...

Roman6i8: yes i know :P 7adda mazajy M7ammad :P
w ayamich sa3eeda :)
and thank you for being a dedicated follower ;)

Anony: :) madry.. maybe :P w ur welcome.. and thank you for commenting! :)

#1 anony said...

hey shushu!!!! laaaa it3aybeen 3alai a7san minnich!!! a9lan youm garaita ma staw3abt ba3dain awl ma graitha chan agool waaaaay ya3ni ga9a 3alaina bil stars???!!!tara nifham i7na ;) 5osh post il 9ara7a oo 3eedich imbarak mo8adaman!! XD


your #1 anony!!!! :***

Rawan said...

taksir 5a6ry shai5a...i hope m7md changes

Red said...

I loved the post bas mohammed shway ya8her cuz he's careless o shaikha maskeena wayed kasra 5a6reee bas I enjoyed reading the post o plzz la it6awleen 3alayna
Btw 3eedich imbarak o 3asach min il 3aydeen wil fayzeen inshallah ;*

Touch My Soul said...

#1 Anony: Loool.. thnx :P w ayamich sa3eeda :)

Rawan: inshallah he does :P

Red: Inshallah I will try to post soon :) w Ayamich sa3eeda .. thnx :)

Dazzlin said...

Mbarkn 3eeedich 7beebty ;*****

I love reading your story dahling o cant wait for the next posts.. I love your style of writing and everything about your story from the characters to the plot to kilshay.. Keep up your amazing work by gracing us with more and more of your posts.. Love ya daaaahling ;******

Touch My Soul said...

Dazzlin: Ayamich Sa3eeeda inshallah :)
Thank you very much for your kind words :)